What is Pilates?
Pilates is a system of exercises that engage both the body and the mind. The method was developed by Joseph Pilates about 80 years ago. His original techniques focused on Centering, Concentration,Flow, Control of Motion, Precision, and breath in order to help people restore balance and flexibility into their bodies. These principles are still the heart of the Pilates Method and we use Pilates to help restore functional movement back into the body.
What are the Benefits of Pilates?
When done regularly Pilates helps with the following:
- Improve flexibility , strength, and balance
- Reshapes the body with lean, long, and strong muscle strength
- Reduce stress and boosts energy as well as develop great body and mind awareness
- Promotes recovery from injuries or strain
- Complements other activities such as sports and other daily life functions